I feel like we are officially headed in the holiday season! I can feel the pressure pushing in and this year, like last year, I am making a conscious effort to push back. Here are some of the things pushing in on me
1. Black Friday sale on TpT and I want to finish all 100 units on my to do list. (Impossible, so I am letting go of it and finishing 3 units.)
2. Construction in my kitchen making me crazy (That’s life and a short season.)
3. My son’s birthday, Christmas and kid’s birthday party all at the same time. ( I can do hard things)
4. Lots to do, not enough time
5. Wanting to lose some of this weight.
So here is the thing about my list of pressures that mount during the holidays. Every.single.one. of those things are actually WONDERFUL!!!!! I mean even #4 with lots to do. The things on my to do list are wonderful too!!! The thing I am trying to express it that, taking a minute to clear some space in your head and really look around is the difference between a harried holiday and a joyous one. I am going to …
1. Take joy in preparing for the Black Friday sale so that I can bring my students and your students amazing resources!
2. Enjoy my repaired kitchen and new sky light!
3. Have the time of my life prepping for Jackson’s 8th birthday and Christmas all in the same month. It’s like can December hold anymore joy?
4. My to-do list is doable one step at a time!
5. All I can do is lace up my running shoes and enjoy the fresh air.
That is the same list 1-5 but seen with fresh eyes!
I wrote a post a few years ago when I used to be my own inner drill sergeant! It’s not about SHOULD it’s about what is possible. It’s about being the best version of yourself in this holiday season not a Martha Stewart copycat , gotta be just like Pinterest, perfect family.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *originally posted Nov. 23, 2012 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *