Primary Chalkboard: Literature Journals

Literature Journals

Aloha everyone it's Corinna from Surfin' Through Second!  Just a quick post today to share with you how I use literature journals to enhance reading skills in my classroom.



I stock up on composition books and use them quite a bit during our literacy time.


Essentially it's a place to keep everything together and students can go back and review lessons and skills learned. Here are a few examples of how we use them.







There are so many different ways you can use literature journals in your classroom.

-Recording Literature Circle Activities
-Recording Text Evidence
-Answering Text or Teacher Questions
-Enrichment Activities

I also have students cut and paste interactive activities from our reading series or items I have created or purchased.

Do you use literature or interactive journals in your classroom? Feel free to share how you use them!





No comments:

Post a Comment