Primary Chalkboard: APPLE Friday with Leslie and Marie!

APPLE Friday with Leslie and Marie!


Wow! What a week! Have you been enjoying reading up on all of these fun APPLE WEEK ideas as much as we have?? 

Leslie and I have some more ideas and, of course, freebies to share with you guys too!

First up, this is not necessarily a "teacher" resource, but I am going to try to make these with my class during our Fall party. I'm going to sub marshmallow fluff for the peanut butter so I don't have anyone have an allergic reaction on my watch :)

I'm also planning on creating a few gifts for my teammates at work. I made these cute little apple clip art pieces to use on their gift tags I'm making. :)
These are free, so just click the picture if you'd like to download them! 

These are the tags I made last year for my apple basket gifts :)
I like to give "Fall gifts" because here in Arizona, Fall is so exciting! It's when we stop seeing those triple digit temps!
Just click the picture above to download the tags!

I also have a fun Apple Literacy packet in my TpT Store. 
This is a packet of APPLE themed activities. 

It includes three center activities:

*Harvest Thyme: A Homophone “Picking” Memory Game 

* Sweet Synonyms: Find the synonym matches on the apple cards

* How do you make an apple pie? Practice with writing directions and using transitional words (recipe cards) After reviewing what transitional words are used for, students will make their own super cute APPLE PIE recipe cards!

I also included a set of Apple Themed Transitional word cards!

This would be a great addition to enhance your Apple Unit/Centers!

You can click the picture above to go see more! 

And, before you read all about Leslie's great APPLE ideas, I'll leave you with ONE more APPLE themed idea...this one is for MATH! I created this one to follow the Kindergarten CC math standards, but it could easily be adapted and used for beginning of the year First graders or strugglers!





And, now...I'll leave you with Leslie:

Hey everyone! It's Leslie from 



Oh my!! How fun is that, Marie!! I totally love your apple-tastic science experiment! I am totally doing that with my class, too! This week has just been so fun learning about apples and Johnny Appleseed! We started off the week with Katie's sweet story of the "Apple Star". If you haven't heard or read that story, it is a MUST!!! The kids were just so delighted and so was their teacher! 


We also did some apple writing and tasting (who doesn't love to eat and taste apples?). We worked on the seasons of the apple tree with a cute painting craft and worked out of my "An Apple a Day" Pack! 





Then today we made homemade applesauce in the crockpot! Here's a quick recipe  if you want to try it! You will because your room will smell intoxicating!!! 



10-12 large apples (I like Fuji-- but any apples will be okay.)
1/2 cup apple juice/cider (water would be ok)
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar or brown sugar

Cut apples (rough chop is fine) and place in crockpot. Add other ingredients and mix. Cook on high for 4 hours or until apples are mushy. Use a potato masher and mash down.  Let cool for a bit. Serve warm. 

Now, some children may balk when they see it because it doesn't look like the brand name applesauce but I always tell them that this is true homemade applesauce. 

Since yesterday was Johnny Appleseed's birthday, we celebrated by making Johnny Appleseed headbands with the cycle of the apple tree around the head part! Total cuteness and you can grab yours here!

Click on the picture to grab it from my blog! And I also have some more pictures from my week in Apples posted there! 



Thanks so much for hanging with Marie and I!!! We had so much fun sharing our ideas with you! Check back tomorrow for more Apple ideas with Anna, Tammy, and Christy! 


6 comments:

  1. Looks like great stuff!! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! Glad you liked our apple post! :)
      Marie

      Delete
  2. This was really a great post guys! Hats off to you! :) I did homemade applesauce this year too...and you are so right...it was AMAZING!!! :) Thanks for sharing your ideas guys! ;) Great stuff here! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh my one favorite thing about Fall??? How can one chose just one thing ?! I love all things Fall :-)
    Karen
    tommysmom0206@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete